Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Thrift Store Therapy---Owl Always Love Owls


My thriftdar has really been on the mark lately. Owls were a major theme the last couple of weeks---first I found the above tank dress, which was good because I don't have a lot of summer wear. Summer is actually my least favorite season in a lot of ways, primarily because I don't like to be hot.  And a lot of summer fashion is overly bright and, well, brief. 

My second find was this classic big 70s owl pendant:


There were a lot of these made during that time period, and I have another one in goldtone metal with green crystal eyes. But I like the kind of chippy white look of this one.

Then, through the magic of the thriftiverse, I found matching owl earrings a few days ago, as I was donating a bunch of stuff to my favorite cat charity thrift store.


In all my thrifty years, I have never come across earrings that match those big owl pendants. So here is a hoot for the serendipity of thrifting!

3 comments: