Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Save Those Pumpkin Stems!


Hey there, do you still have your jack o lanterns sitting around from Halloween? If you do, save those pumpkin stems! If you save them, you can use them in other projects and displays, like I show above. I took a ball of twine and stuck a dried pumpkin stem in it for a clever, autumnal display. It's easy to save stems, and they dry out really well. I have a couple that I have had for years. Just cut off all of the fleshy pumpkin stuff from around the stems, lay them out on a towel and just let them dry naturally on your kitchen counter for a few days. If you get any mold on the bottom or have a bit of pumpkin skin left on your stem you will be able to just peel it off after a couple of days.



You can even make fabric pumpkins like these,

source



and use your real pumpkin stems on them. Check out Craft Buds for a great tutorial on making fabric pumpkins like the ones above.







2 comments:

  1. Great idea! My pumpkins are very close to giving up because of the heat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so late on this post. Sorry! I love the twine pumpkin, so creative!

    ReplyDelete