Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thrift Store Therapy---Feeling Foresty


I'm always obsessed with woodland style, but especially lately, as we turn the seasonal corner into spring.  My eye has been primed to catch the best in forest style in the thrifts and I've come up with some good ones. This owl wall pocket for starters:





Very Black Forest with its pseudo cuckoo clock decorations.


Tiger Baby thinks highly of my forest kitsch tastes :)

I went to the Pick of the Litter Humane Society thrift recently and came up with a super forest find:





This is a vintage Fitz and Floyd fox and blackberry pitcher. I paid just 5 bucks for it! I patronize the animal charity thrifts as much as possible---they are usually very well priced and most of their money goes to helping sick and abandoned pets and also to low cost spay and neuter programs.




Goodwill blessed me with this mushroom pitcher for just 1.99.





I also found these delightful rustic plates for .49 each. From Stafforshire England, they are decorated with a pattern called "Hedgerow".


Speaking of England, this next item is a shout-out to one of my favorite bloggers, Vix. from Vintage Vixen.  An Obligatory Blogger Deer!! This one is an elegantly made candle:




 Unfortunately, my crazy kitten knocked it off of the table soon after I got it home and broke both of its ears off!! Nothing a little glue couldn't fix, but sheesh, Mr. Scampers is definitely a force to be reckoned with. And speaking of Mr Scampers, I will post a new video of him next time, and if you like it you can nominate him to appear in the Internet Cat Video Film Festival. Details next time :)

Linking up today with Sir Thriftalot and his Thriftasaurus.

6 comments:

  1. Loving your forresty finds ~ the fox is fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful items! I love the way that woodsy china can bring the outdoors in and add magic. That Fox handled jug is truly an amazing find, adore it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your woodland scores, especially the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two owl pockets - they're the cutest things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what fantastic finds especially a Fitz and Floyd for only five bucks! I like that Hedgerow pattern quite a lot, too. I'm thinking I need to sell off some of the old pink and blue transferware and get more brown. More suitable for country living, or maybe I'm just bored of pink and blue. :)

    ReplyDelete