Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ice Lantern


I forgot to add these pictures to my last post----a large ice lantern I made with springs of rosemary. This is one of those Pinterest projects I had on my to-do list, and I'm proud of myself that I actually got around to it. I've got about 125 projects on there that I aim to try at some point---so far I have completed 3. You know how it goes :) You can see my boards if you click on the large "follow me on Pinterest" button to the right.

 
All the snow and ice is gone and we have had torrential rains here for days. But---the crocuses and violets are out now, so it really does feel like Spring is on the horizon.

7 comments:

  1. Woah that is seriously gorgeous! How long did it last? Can you imagine like a night wedding reception with those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gone by the next day, but I'll bet it would last longer in colder climes. Especially if you use those battery-operated lights.

      Delete
  2. There are those that spend their time Pinning and those that spend their time Doing. Unfortunately, I think I fall into the former category. Maybe next year I'll make an ice lantern as beautiful as yours. Hahahahaha. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great lantern !
    I will have to check out your pintrerst ~ I actually am not sure how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow looks like I will be spending more time coming back to browse there ~ loved your outdoor decor , my kind of world there :))

      Delete
  4. How awesome! Have you seen the one's made with cranberries? I think I came across that one on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete