Thursday, December 12, 2013

Shoe Shine---Mary Janes and Mushroom Socks



Time for another Shoe Shine over at The Citizen Rosebud! I was going to do a post about snow boots or rain boots since our weather has been a slushy mess, but Bella inspired me to bust out RED shoes :) So here are my red mary janes coupled with a pair of mushroom print socks. The basket with the plaid bow is a vintage Caro-Nan purse that I thrifted about a week ago. These purses appear to have been made in the 50s-60s, and were a cottage industry started by two women (Carolyn McDaniel and Nancy Steele)  in Jackson, Mississippi. Each purse was handmade, at first by the two women themselves, and then by a small group of other women they hired.





I'm also wearing a green tweed 70s Pendleton maxi skirt that I snagged for .99 at Value Village (during one of their 99cent sales---great bargains, but very trying shopping experience---crowded, rude patrons, etc). Under that I am wearing a vintage nightgown with several tiers of white lace that I picked up at the Salvation Army. I feel like if I popped a red hooded cloak over my ensemble, I would be channeling Little Red Riding Hood. Bring on the big, bad wolf, baby :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shoes and a delectable peek of petticoat! We must be having the same weather, isn't it drab? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. red mary janes and shroomy socks! Way cute!!

    ReplyDelete