Saturday, October 5, 2013

Antlered Velvet Hat


Getting into the autumnal/Halloween mood, I'm joining in on the October Hat Attack over at the Style Crone with my antlered velvet hat. This is actually 2 headpieces combined---a velvet Stevie Nicks-ish hat I've had since the 80s, topped with a lovely mori girl-style headband made of some small deer antlers, a doily and a cameo (purchased here---Black Orchid Designs on Etsy). 



My Halloween costume for this year is going to involve this hat and some skulls. And a lot of face paint.
Happy October! And please check out Incipient Wings Haunted Humpday---lots of great fall/halloween posts and spooky stories!



9 comments:

  1. Wow!
    What an incredible hat...
    I really like it:)
    Hope you show us what your entire costume looks like!
    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, I love that hat! Even without the antlers I think I'd love that hat! I can hardly wait to see your costume - trying to figure out what it might be if it involves skulls ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous hat, you look incredible. I'm loving your plaits! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME!!! I just love it! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your hat are magnificent! Thank you for linking up with Hat Attack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed Stevie's attire .
    Your hat is awesome ~ can't wait to see the costume too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing hat! I have a thing for antlers so that topper is right up my ally

    ReplyDelete