Monday, April 29, 2013

The Death of Some Teacups...


I love vintage teacups. Today I opened up my overstuffed china cabinet to retrieve a saucer and about 6 teacups fell to their death on the floor. I was particularly sad the one with the grapes and walnuts design broke. Just calm down, I told myself, its just "stuff" right? And you shouldn't have had them stacked so high anyways!

Well, what did I later do? I walked to a thrift store and looked in the teacup aisle---and found this wonderful fairytale castle teacup and saucer for 2 bucks!! 





I was mighty pleased how this incident turned out---not only did I make much-needed room in my china cabinet by accidently breaking 6 cups, ha ha,  I was also motivated to have another session of exercise by walking to the thrift store. AND, I found a cup and saucer set that was even cooler than the ones I broke! Well, almost---I really liked the walnut teacup and I ended up taking a pair of heavy duty shears to the broken piece and cutting out the walnut decoration to save for potential future use.

Sometimes things start out like a disaster---but then they are really a blessing in disguise :)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the death of some of your tea cups but this new is a great addition to the family.
    I'm glad to read that you are doing a lot of more walking while still enjoying your thrifting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, it IS funny how things work out! As long as you are happy, that's the MAIN thing! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your walking is so awesome! I love the new tea cup and saucer set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart sinks when ever I break something, but glad you found something to make up for it. And the thrifts are always surprising.. never know when that walnut one may turn up again..

    - Sir Thrift-A-Lot
    http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete