Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thrift Store Therapy---Cat-tastic!

You've probably guessed I like cats---a clue would be the big picture of my cat TigerBaby off to the right :)
I thought I would share some vintage cat items I have collected for this week's Weekly Thrift over at YoungHeart.
Do any of you remember Morris the Cat from those 70s/80s  9Lives cat food commercials? I was so tickled when I found this mug:






 Here is one of the hilarious commercials from 1978:








 This is a pair of 90s Avon salt n pepper shakers. I LOOOVE depictions of animals dressed up in people clothes. Its part of the reason I love The Wind in the Willows so much :)




Here is another pair of salt n pepper shakers I found just recently:




And a super kitschy cats-in-a-basket brooch that I purchased from one of my favorite thrifts,
 a charity for local children's causes which is staffed almost entirely by delightful, mostly retired elderly ladies:




I had to include this, my ultimate cat-themed find, a fantastic mid century swinging cats sculpture I found for 1.99 last year:

Be assured, I have many more cat themed vintage items, ha ha! But this is it for today :) Go on over to YoungHeart and check out what the other hunters have found.

4 comments:

  1. Helloooooo, fellow cat lover!!!
    Tiger Baby is just gorgeous! Not unlike my darling Humpers!
    Thank you for making yourself known! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helga!
    I think Tiger Baby and Humpers would make a darling couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely new pets you got!
    I do remember the Morris commercials!
    Have a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that Morris mug is just plain cool! Awesome finds (but especially Morris, lol). :)

    ReplyDelete