Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What I Saw On My Walk # 1

 I have taken to walking for health reasons and have discovered that I see a lot more cool things walking than I do driving. Here are some things I saw today:


 I love random public art. These people have found a new artistic use for old wooden embroidery hoops---as hanging mobiles!






This is a "ghost bike". If you are not familiar with ghost bikes, they are white painted bikes that are placed as memorials on or near the spot where a bicyclist was killed.


 Fall crocuses. I remember the first time I became aware of these ethereal purple crocuses that bloom in the autumn. I thought something was wrong! I had no idea there were such crocuses. Now I see them and think "I need to get some of those bulbs to plant when spring comes" ----and then promptly forget about it. And then, when fall comes, I am reminded once again :)


Socio-political commentary :) This must have gone up last night because this is definitely something I would have seen when driving, and I don't remember it yesterday.


When I arrived at my friend's house at the end of my walk I saw these on his kitchen counter. He is a horn player and had cleaned all of his mouthpieces. I couldn't resist snapping a picture.

I'm hoping regular walk-related postings will sharpen my observational skills as well as give me some exercise! I saw some other interesting things while walking today but I have to admit I am a little shy about photographing stuff out in the urban public zone because, well, people tend to stare at you when you are crouched on the sidewalk taking a picture of an interesting piece of street graffiti!  I know I just need to get over it and go with the moment....so, Onward!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment