Thursday, August 16, 2012

KITSCH CONNOISSEUR

 

Hello again! It has been so hot here I haven't even wanted to get on the computer or do anything except relax on my lounger after work with an iced lavender tea and a book (just finished "The Lantern" by Deborah Lawrenson. What a spectacular book! Part ghost story/murder mystery/romance set in Provence, France). Anyways, I did find the strength to visit the Florence Humane Society Thrift Store and I found the most awesome clock! I am an admirer of all things vintage kitsch, especially woodland themed, and this 70s clock fits the bill. Its huge!

 I immediately took down the boring kitchen clock I have had up for 3 years or so and put this in its place :)     I hope there are some of you out there who also appreciate such masterpieces---any other "kitsch connoisseurs"?

2 comments:

  1. Pero si este reloj "No es nada kitch"!!!
    es precioso, y se ve totalmente mágico, imagino que dará la hora de los duendes como mínimo...
    karumina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias karumina, voy a pensar en él como mi "reloj duende" :)

    ReplyDelete