Monday, July 2, 2012

The brief strawberry season is here and we decided to take advantage of it by going to a U pick farm.               





a curious goat!   


   
After we picked our bucket of strawberries at the farm we headed to the river. This park has a number of large hollowed-out oak trees, with enough room for a person to get inside. I have always been fascinated with such trees, they remind me of that classic children's book "My Side of the Mountain", about a boy who is living on his own in the wilderness. As I recall, he makes a home in a similar hollowed out tree.
view upwards from inside the tree
The river was in fine form although it is running rather high from all of the rain we have had


I love river rocks!
A cairn that someone built.
riverside daisies

The 97% full moon :)   This moon in July is called the "Full Buck Moon" or the "Thunder Moon".



 A splendid day! It is my intention to get out of the house and have such days more often. Next week we will be visiting a lavender farm and I'm sure I will have great pics to share from that trip.





3 comments:

  1. Haces unas fotos preciosas!!!
    saludos
    karumina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias karumina, estoy tan contenta de que los están disfrutando!

      Delete
  2. Wow you were not joking! You found a whole bunch of delicious berries at the farm! They look so good and fresh too!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete